Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The heat, money, and a free salad for my anniversary

It is sooooooo hot. I always tell people who live in Southern California not to complain about the weather. We have amazing weather compared to the rest of the Country. That is something that I understand as well as appreciate. However--this heatwave is too much to deal with. I'd like some crisp fall air right about now. I'd like a nice cool rainstorm. I'd like a slurpee. Someone should bring me one immediately. Hopefully things will cool down soon. I guess the power is out beginning just a few miles south of here all the way to northern frickin Mexico. SIGH.

Why isn't there a magazine devoted JUST to trivia? There needs to be one. Mental Floss comes pretty close but I'd like to see pages and pages of trivia questions all in one magazine--no pictures--well, maybe just a few cool pictures. It just sounds so wonderful. I wish I had the wherewithal to make one but sadly, I do not. I might make like a zine type one or a chapbook. My God, the possibilities are endless. ENDLESS.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I get to enjoy the finer things in life such as massages, fine food, etc. It's funny though because once the massage begins or the fancy meal arrives, I lose all guilt and vow to become super wealthy so that I can enjoy these things  EVERYDAY. It's such a battle. Truth be told--I'd really like to have a lot of money. Yes, I know that money cannot buy happiness but it sure as hell helps.  I hate hate hate being broke. We of course are not in any danger of losing our home or cars or anything--it just sucks--I just want to be able to order amazing food instead of dollar menu items, to drive wherever I'd like instead of worrying about the price of gas, to shop at Barney's instead of Ross, to buy Myriam pretty jewelry and dresses instead of telling her we cannot afford them. Damn this crazy war. SIGH. BTW--I'm looking for part time work so if anyone hears about anything--please let me know.

On a brighter note--I received a coupon today from Souplantation. They sent Me and Myriam an anniversary card with a free meal voucher inside. I'm looking forward to our anniversary soup/salad. I am also looking forward to the next several years with Myriam. We have been together for 13 years now--it's awesome. The lyrics from the song "Lucky" by Jason Mraz pretty much some up how I feel. "Lucky to be in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, lucky to be comin' home again." Here is the latest pic of us:
YES--I know we look amazing. That what love does:)




Jacob Johnson: you are an amazing young man. I hope you know how much your smile adds to this world. Thank you for being a real life Spongebob. He is one of my heros. BTW--you have an awesome mom too:) Here is Jacob:




I have a show coming up next month and am taking story requests. If anyone has any stories of mine that he/she love OR if you have a fun memory of or with me--let me know. I'll include it in the show. After watching the DVD of my first show--I've decided to polish some stuff before selling it, so I'll be selling a dvd of the October show. Although the first show was AMAZING--it's not polished enough for me to put it out there so y'all will have to wait just a short time more. Here is the deal of the century though: If you donate $15 or more to my friend Thais's cause you will receive a dvd, cd of the show soundtrack, chapbook, and a really good feeling. Here is the link: My Fundraising Page. Just tell me you sent a donation and I will send out your stuff before the day of her big race:) It's a win-win for everyone.

I just finished the book "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey. It's brilliant. BRILLIANT.  Now I am reading "Bedwetter" by Sarah Silverman--so far so good.

Does anyone watch America's Got Talent? Here are 3 of the 4 finalists all of which have AMAZING life stories. I cannot decide who I want to win. One was once homeless, the pop band is made up of all foster children, and the Silhouettes are all kids with serious medical issues such as diabetes, blindness, and cystic fibrosis. You couldn't write shit like this. Please watch--you'll be inspired. It's ok to cry--I did:)









Ok everyone. That's it for today. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this post. Trying to blog more regularly--just want to make sure that people are reading so please leave comments or "like" me on FB. We all wanna be liked. Love to all.

p.s. My brother and sister-in-law just got a pygmy goat. I cannot wait to meet her.

1 comment: