Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Life soundtrack, goodbye letter, and I think that's all I got

The blueberry pie from Harbor House in Sunset Beach is to die for. Just thought you'd all like to know.

So today I was driving around listening to my IPOD and I realized that I really identify with a lot of music. Ya know....it's like sometimes a song comes on and I feel like it was written about me or for me. It's really weird. I decided that I'd like to create some soundtracks of my life. So far it's been a cool exercise. The first soundtrack is basically--if I had to describe myself in 12 songs--these would be the 12 songs:

1. When I Rise by Second Nature
2. Travelin' Thru by Dolly Parton
3. Forever Young or Young Forever--several artists have covered this song
4. Beautiful by Eminem
5. We're all in this Together by Old Crow Medicine Show
6. The Great Pretender by QUEEN
7. So What by Pink
8. Born this way by Lady Gaga
9. Live Your Life by T.I.
10. WTP by Eminem
11. Firework by Katy Perry
12. Ease on Down the Road by Michael Jackson

There it is. You should all try it.....it's a fun exercise.

I did another cool exercise today that I have done in the past--it's very healing. I wrote and sent a goodbye letter to someone. See--if someone really screwed you over or hurt you or whatever and there was never an opportunity for closure--create that opportunity and write them a letter. Take back the power and tell them what you think about what they did-- then maybe you can let go. It's kinda hard to do but once it's done--you'll feel a million times better. I highly recommend it.

Ok--that's it. I blogged twice today. That's kinda awesome. Thanks for reading. I'm shooting for 10,000 hit by April 1 so if you like my blog---please share it with your friends. You are all rock stars. Comments are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment