Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

A short post

Reasons why the 80's were so much cooler than today:
1. Gender bending was cool and sexy (i.e. Madonna and Glam Rock)
2. The glass ceiling was broken then...by Geraldine Ferraro-- when she became the first female Vice Presidental candidate on a major party ticket. Many of you did not know that did you? She died this week.
3. Baskin Robbins actually had 31 flavors. See they only have 29 now which is RIDICULOUS!
4. Happy meals came in boxes.
5. Ideas for film and TV were actually original--not just remakes.
6. Parachute pants
7. People like Gene Simmons, Hulk Hogan, and Rev Run were brilliant entertainers instead of tired reality show stars.
8. Bocephus.
9. Justin Beiber wasn't born yet.

Ok so it's Monday. I have a pretty busy week. Myriam is in Oregon and she says it's cold but pretty.

 My cousin Stevie is coming back to the states. She is a badass MPO in the Army. She's been based in Germany but will now be in Georgia. Stevie's kinda bummed about it because she loved Germany but, I'm glad she's going to Georgia for a number of reasons: 1. It will be easier to visit her because Myriam and I go there a lot--cuz our dear friend Thais lives there. 2. She can bring some positive energy and courage to the state. They need it. 3. I think she will like it because the National Museum of Puppetry Arts is there and I think she likes puppets. Maybe she doesn't but--oh well--I like puppets.

Got my 90 day chip last week so that's pretty cool.

I pre ordered Season 2 of Glee today. YAY!!

You should all watch the documentary Food Matters. It's pretty amazing.

I don't really have anything else to say right now. Will post some haiku and other fun things later tonight. Cheers! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh food matters is SOO good, i didnt think anyone else knew of it haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina I love you so much. I am excited to be back in the states. I am going to try and come out to see you for your birthday if the Army dosnt have me busy trying to save the world and stuff. JK but I miss you and I want you to know that I have a whole Platoon of MP Soldiers following your blogs. Talk to you soon PFC Stevie Dewey

    ReplyDelete